Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

I have a negative view of pork and sauerkraut. It's not so much the memory of pale, limp 'kraut bubbling thoughtlessly all afternoon but the pervasive sulphorous odor that permeated the house as the crock pot lid danced. Why would you want to start off a New Year eating something that smelled so bad? I refused my portion and even begged to eat in a different room, desperate to escape the smell that has left an indelible imprint on my sensitive smell receptors. I was reminded more than once this week about the traditional New Years Day fare and decided to give it a second chance.

So I cooked up Bobby Flay's version of red cabbage kraut and threw an andouille Johonsonville brat on top. For good measure I added a few jalepeno popper's stuffed with a sweet potato mixture:


Now that's my kind of New Year's dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment