Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hero2, Cherry Picking, and Western States

My wife surprised me with this sweet camera before she left for a 10 day tour of Venice, Florence, and Paris .



Since I don't have an Eiffel Tower or Venetian Canal in my backyard I thought a test run on the AT would be a good start. Good thing it was a test run. With the capacity for 2,800 photos I took around 2794 blurry shots of trees, rocks, roots, and the occasional bottle swinging through the air.

I hit the trail parking lot by 6:30am and thought I was ready. Garmin stuff, check. Hero stuff, check. Water bottles, check. Gel flask, check. Post run snacks and drinks in the cooler, check.  I clicked the camera to the default time lapse mode, and took off. The default time lapse mode for the Hero2 is a photo every :02" with a resolution of 11MP. I haven't the slightest clue what 11MP stands for but can tell you one thing: Running with a camera strapped to your chest taking pictures every two seconds set to 11 MP yields a lot of crappy photos.

Luckily a few shots captured the beauty of the morning.





After the run I detoured to Strites Orchard. Sour cherries! It was like taking candy from a baby as the laden cherry limbs drooped towards the ground heavy with fruit. 40+ pounds of cherries later my box was full and I was ready to rock the cherry pitter.







The 2012 Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run is being held today. I can't fathom running a hundred. For what it's worth my picks for the win are Ryan Sandes/Ellie Greenwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment